Video games mode on PlayStation from time to time has bee one of the most relaxing and mind-engaging moments we can experience, whether we are alone or with friends. However, sometimes, it is entirely impossible to do this because of mobility and portability.
You Can Play PS4 Games on Android Via Remote Control
Yeah, you read it right! You can still get the full experience that your console gives you right from your Android devices when you know the proper steps to take. The official Sony PS4 Remote Play app for Sony Xperia Android devices has made doing this easy, and you will see how.
To do this, a Sony Xperia Android smartphone or tablet running Android 4.4 (KitKat) or higher and access to the same network as your game console and a PlayStation 4 is required. Your Android device and PS4 must be on the same Wi-Fi network for this to work.
Procedures to Playing PS4 Games on Android
First of all, you will need to enable the functionality of your PlayStation 4 before anything else. The methods below will guide you through the remaining exercise.
- Power your PlayStation 4 console.
- Locate the Settings Menu.
- Make sure that the “Enable Remote Play” toggle box is ticked.
Download PS4 Remote Play For Android Devices
- Start by downloading and installing the PS4 Remote Play app on your Android smartphone. The official Sony app is available on the Play Store.
- After installing the PS4 Remote Play app, you might decide to register a PlayStation 4 DUALSHOCK controller with your device or skip the step.
- You will get a message that your PlayStation 4 can stream to your mobile device.
- When you click on “Next” you will be prompted to sign in to your PlayStation account (make sure that you sign in with the statement that is on your PlayStation.)
- After the sign-in, the PS4 Remote Play app will commence searching for a console on the same Wi-Fi network, your PlayStation must be turned on then, and you must be signed in to your user profile.
- After the console is detected, you will be prompted to insert a code from your PlayStation on your Xperia device. ( To access the code from your PlayStation, go to Settings > Remote PlayConnection Settings > Add Device.)
- Finally, after the system is accepted, your Android device will successfully connect to your PlayStation 4 immediately.
NOTE: The PS4 Remote Play app for Android only supports Sony Xperia smartphones at the moment.
What is your take on the possibility of playing PS4 Games on your Android smartphones? Forward your contributions and reactions in the comment box below. Your questions are also welcome if you have any challenges.